[Tigers] Modern Paint Code

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Thu Mar 11 07:20:57 MST 2010

Tony
    Yes those paint scanners work very well and most major paint shops have
them but you need a non faded patch of original paint for it to scan.
The paint patch you scan will be the paint mix you get.  Scan a faded or
contaminated patch will give you a paint mix for that shade not the original
paint mix.

The problem Bugz had, I believe, was the scan did not give a paint mix that
looked similar to the Ditzler number paint mix and he was seeking more
information.

He thinks the Dulux enamel number I sent him is something he can work with
to get the correct paint mix or at least a paint mix that matches the color
he wants.

Ron Fraser