[Tigers] (no subject)

Jeffrey Nichols jxnichols at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 23 07:09:48 MDT 2010

"The difference here, obviously, is that the
> manufacturer is directly interested and involved.  The Rootes company is
> long gone, and I bet Chrysler could not care less anymore."

Chrysler sold Rootes/Simca during their bankruptcy phase in 1980 to
Peugeot.  There was a discussion a few years ago on who owns Rootes, Sunbeam,
etc. because an individual was trying to license the names.  I don't recall
who ended up with the brand names.

                                                  Jeff