[Tigers] FW: Exhaust system

Robin Young Robin02 at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 30 16:55:07 MDT 2010

Allen, the collector on the headers will have to transition down to whatever
pipe size you go with. The guy I used said a crossover tube 17" minimum back
from the exhaust ports on equal length headers helps them scavenge and
reduces back pressure. It happens that there is room ahead of the cruciform
and behind the reducer for a 1 1/4" cross over pipe. I bought welding
flanges and gaskets for this from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty for a 0-200
Continental engine.

Just a consideration....Robin Young B9471769

Subject: Re: [Tigers] Exhaust system

I checked a local shop and they are able and willing for  reasonable price
make a 2" exhaust from factory header back.

Still trying to determine what blew out yesterday and now fear that a head
gasket blew.

A sound like the sound produced by a hole in an old muffler comes from the
vicinity of the right side head but
I haven't gotten under the car yet; might be that side's down-pipe....

Allan Ballard
Atlanta, GA

On Jul 28, 2010, at 10:39 PM, Ron Fraser wrote:

> Allan
> 	SS exhaust system states it is a 1 3/4" system.   I would guess that
> Classic Sunbeam also has a 1 3/4" system but you can verify that by
> contacting them directly.
>
> I had a 2" system made for my Tiger by a shop that was also fixing a few
> other problems I had with the Tiger.   They could get the stainless pipe
for
> a good price and the cost of the whole system installed was reasonable.
>
> Ron Fraser

Specialties,