[Tigers] fuel gauge

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Thu Jul 22 22:11:12 MDT 2010

Two issues I've had with senders (beyond a float - that doesn't):

1. The same varnish that can build in a carburator can build up on the wire
resistor and act as an insulator. Lightly sanding it with fine paper
restored contact.

2. I haven't seen the Tiger sender, but there have been times on other
senders where the moving metal parts have been used to carry the electric
signal - and at times won't.  A trick I learned racing slot cars back in the
'70 was to solder a flexible wire near the wipe point on the arm to the
connector that transfers the electric signal outside of the tank.
CAUTION use minimal heat I have also lost the seal doing this!  JB weld did
the fix.

Tom