[Tigers] Exhaust flanges

David or Gary wwwdg at webtv.net
Wed Jul 14 13:11:15 MDT 2010

All small block Fords (until about 1970) use the same flange 2" except
the early 221 cu. in. which had a flat welded on flange.
Most, I believe all? V8 Ford cars have head pipes made so the flange
can't be removed. You can only get the flange with the head pipe
assembly.
David
-------------
Hi,
For anyone with a Ford parts catalogue(book, fiche,etc), I wonder if the
down pipe flange is comparable on our cars to one from a '65-67 Mustang,
Cougar, Falcon,Cyclone, etc. What diameter are their down pipes for
small blocks. And, failing that information, would it benefit someone to
bring their exhaust manifold and down pipe to a dealer to match what
Ford/Mercury dealers have in stock?
I have the right side manifold off. The dimensions for that flange are:
  two inch downpipe hole
      the attaching bolt holes are three inches apart,
center to   center.
      the attaching holes are 9/16 diameter
      the actual bolts are 7/16 fine (threaded part)by 1.5"
long.
If your dealer can get the part number but not the part, try
www.greensalescompany.com , an obsolete Ford part source. You can enter
the part number to check stock, but you need to call them for price, if
they show the part.
RB