[Tigers] Best Carburetor(s) for the Tiger

Owain Lloyd owain.lloyd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 09:25:52 MDT 2010

last november we cruised through all of france and spain at 100-110mph all
the way with a 3.07 and toploader.   we got about 16 imperial mpg (~13
m/USg) and spent about $6000 on fuel for the whole morocco rally.  my rev
limiter kicks in at about 128mph in 4th i think.

i had to do an oil change when we arrived in malaga as without an oil
cooler, the oil was running at 300F all the way.  in fact it was the oil
temp that governed the speed we cruised at.

in the uk i tend to sit at about 90mph if there's not much traffic, which is
pretty comfortable.  i know you guys tend to drive slower in the states but
even there it depends on where you are.

last year, my trip from downtown chicago to SUNI was just over 900 miles and
we averaged 97mph all the way including 4 or 5 stops for gas off the highway
and with my wife sleeping in the passenger seat.   no tickets - even in
wisconsin.  of course that wasn't in a tiger ....
those big empty roads through Minnesota and s. Dakota need to be driven at
about 140 to keep you awake....   unless its dark when over 130, the
headlights don't reach far enough to see properly :)