[Tigers] Mirror Re-Silvering Service

Terry Packer packertl3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 18:23:45 MDT 2010

My apology if this information has been posted in the recent past. But for those interested in having a mirror re-silvered, one source is Robert Easthope of "Reflections Again" in San Jose, CA. His primary business is furniture re-finishing. However, he has been re-silvering mirrors regularly for a long time. Bob did my Tiger's inside mirror many years ago and I just had it done again.

(BTW, the reason I had the mirror re-done is because the small amount of mirror mastic I installed it with, apparently attacked the silver despite the sealing paint applied to the mirror and the fact that a mirror specific product should have been safe. Live and learn!)

You should be aware that if the backside of your mirror has deteriorated badly, the glass itself can become etched or scratched, which may only become apparent after the mirror has been re-silvered. Bob can usually correct these issues but at additional cost for reworking the mirror one or more times. One alternative is to accept imperfections which may exist in the glass itself and consider it part of your car's overall patina. Another alternative is just to source a modern replacement glass which will almost certainly appear more perfect than your re-worked original.

Feel free to write off-line if there are any questions I can answer regarding my experiences with Reflections Again. The usual disclaimer applies - I have no relationship with or interest in Reflections Again. Except that I did specifically ask Bob if he wanted to invite automotive type jobs, as they tend to be small and involve shipping. He said yes, so I offered to post this reference to his business. However, I received no discount or other consideration for doing so. (Maybe I should have negotiated harder!)

Reflections Again
Robert Easthope
1260 Yard Court, Suite H
San Jose, CA 95133