[Tigers] Heater Control Valves

e.coiner at cox.net e.coiner at cox.net
Wed Aug 18 08:32:46 MDT 2010

There is a rubber domed "diaphragm" that seals the shat, There is a disc seal that seals against the bottom of the valve.
Nobody I know makes those parts.  Would love to know if they do.
It is extremely tedious to undo the crimps in the casting so that they can be redone after reassembly.
Sometimes you find that the conical metal seal surface at the bottom of the valve body is corroded and you would have to machine the surface down in the bottom of the hole.

Now that the mk1A type valve are available as a reproduction, I will never take an original apart again.

Erich