[Tigers] Rootes Group Employee

Paul R Sheahan sunbeamtiger at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 9 05:37:36 MST 2009

    This past weekend I took one of my Tigers to antique car show in Naples, Florida.  An elderly English gentleman walked up to me and introduced himself as Roy Axe.  He told me he was the Design Director at The Rootes Group during the time the Tiger was conceived.  In doing some research I found out that he was at Rootes from 1959 to 1982 and was the chief stylist and the finally the design director.   He said he was basically a "runner" when he started but did participate with two other gentleman in design or our cars.
     It was great to have an opportunity to talk with Mr. Axe and have him remark how looking at the Tiger brought back some fine memories.   You never know who may show up at one of these events.

Paul
Paul R Sheahan