[Tigers] SCF74 at monterey video

Ramon Spontelli rspontelli at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 19 21:25:41 MDT 2009

<<It also shows you how sketchy the (1963-vintage) brakes are - he's only
getting about 0.6G of deceleration.>>

For "sketchy" brakes, somewhere I have an old G-Analyst printout showing
1.0G in braking with the Mk II autocrosser at a CalClub championship.
Running legal in BSP, we had bone-stock brakes with OEM shoes at the rear,
Dale's Carbon-Kevlar pads from Porterfield at the front, and all OEM
calipers/rotors/drums, master and wheel cylinders, and booster.

Yes, they are not in the same class as the Z06 brakes, but not too shabby
for 1959 technology. <Think Series I Alpine with a booster . . . >

<<I'm sure that he could do more, but only once or twice and then that would
be it for the brakes.>>

Absolutely!  First time we tried an open-track event at Willow Springs,
driving like it was an autocross, we were in the pits bleeding off boiling
brake fluid after three or four laps--whole different game!

Ramon