[Tigers] Tiger body seam treatment...

Cullen McCann cmccann at lwpb.com
Wed Sep 10 07:23:08 MDT 2008

Listers~

I have a question regarding the treatment of body seams on Tigers that I often
see in pictures. This white car shown here on ebay is a good example. On the
inner fender, where the Tiger has the wider, more soft and rounded looking
inner fender brace (over the alpine) I see that often the brace is "softened"
where it transitions into the sheet metal for the wheel well...and I see this
all the time, even on cars that are striving for pure originality...

...but my car for has those braces have a lip, where clearly the fender well
and the brace were tacked together and areas where the body assembly was spot
welded...etc. Is this just a popular treatment of the seams during rebuild of
the car with a little bondo?

Cullen