[Tigers] You Owe Me!

Jeffrey Nichols jxnichols at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 22 15:48:53 MDT 2008

"No matter how you look at it, while Shelby owns his name, SAAC has been the
true steward of the legacy and is owed, big time, by the Shelby family. "

I don't see it and probably Carroll Shelby doesn't either.  After all, if it
wasn't for the "Shelby" name on the Mustang GT350 Mr. Kopec recently sold for
$825,500 , he would have received far less money for the car.  What do 1965
restored Mustangs sell for, $30,000?  Apparently, you  believe  everyone would
have forgotten the various races and championships Carroll Shelby won with the
cars he made if it wasn't for Rick Kopec.

 There are "Shelby" Mustangs, Saleen Mustangs and even Parnelli Jones Edition
Mustangs (in my opinion, the best of the lot) but I have never seen a "Kopec"
Mustang.  Maybe its time for Rick Kopec to create his own legend.

                                                  Jeff