[Tigers] Grant Steering Wheel Adapters

Bill Waite fordlandia at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 18 17:58:52 MST 2008

I have an old C.A.T. club "Shop Notes" Third Edition book, published in 1980.  On page J-4 there is a "tech tip" written by a fellow by the name of John Keyman describing the Grant steering wheel adapter needed to install a Grant wheel in a Tiger.  I happen to be selling a 13 1/4" Grant wheel on e-Bay now, and it has the correct Grant adapter (see e-Bay Motors item number 320229368690).  The wheel was purchased for a Tiger in 1985.

  The adapter number is "3567" and it is no longer produced (although there might be a cross reference that fits).  In the Tech Tips article I mentioned, John Heyman said to buy the Grant adapter for a Ford Cortina.  I still have the original box panel showing applications, and the Ford Cortina calls for adapter number 3567 (available in the late 70's and early 80's at least).  The adapter was also listed as being the correct one for Sunbeam Alpines... but had an asterisks (*) noting "except for telescoping column" (which Tigers have).  The tech tip explains how you install the kit on a Tiger's column with the telescoping feature.  I'd be happy to scan the tech tip and e-mail it to you if you contact me.

  Hope this helps,

  Bill Waite
  Grand Rapids, MI
  B9471360
  B382100437

Sandy Ganz <sganz at pacbell.net> wrote:
  Did Grant Product make a steering wheel adapter for the Tiger, and if so (even if out of production) anyone have the part number?

Thanks

Sandy
You are subscribed as fordlandia at sbcglobal.net

Tigers at autox.team.net