[Tigers] Doane's Horses

David Sosna sosnaenergyconsulting at cox.net
Tue Jun 17 10:39:49 MDT 2008

Hi Jeff:
The following quote: "Could you tell the difference between a 260 and a
289 just by opening the hood and looking at the engine?  Neither could
the tech inspectors!" was attributed to Doane--I just wish I could
remember where I saw it.  Anyway, from what I gather, Doane was supposed
to have swapped in a 289 in one of the racing cars (don't know if it was
the HSC car) and nobody caught wise :-)

Best Regards
David Sosna