[Tigers] Alpine Wheels

Steve Laifman SLaifman at SoCal.rr.com
Tue Apr 8 14:27:13 MDT 2008

Bill,

Please do NOT use Alpine wheels on a Tiger.  Although they may "fit",
the center section stamping is thinner than the Tiger, and could fail
under loads.

The wire wheels suffer the same lack of strength on the heavier power
and more weight of the Tiger. The early Triumph TR4's could not be
sanctioned raced without hub plates, as their wheels would fail.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com