[Tigers] Backup light lens mount and originality

Pointers gpointer at telusplanet.net
Sun Apr 6 17:34:56 MDT 2008

My car had a single rectangular shaped reverse light mounted underside the
bumper on the left side. Presume these were dealer installed to make the car
street legal? Brand, Cluteroche, is stamped on the lens in a handwritten
format (like Cluteroche), Made in France. One of the hard-to-describe rubber
sleeved, internal threaded, lens mounts is required. I've had it off the car
for years, as esthetics are better without it anyhow. Just want to know how
concerned I should be about repairing/preserving this unit, and where I could
get one of those lens mount thingys. Searched TU; no info. Sunbeam Specs; no
info. BON describes the reverse lamp kit (round pair - page 118), but not
rectangular, though there are two images (pg 13 and 62) showing cars with two
rectangular units equally spaced under bumper.

Gary.