[Tigers] trannies

mmichels at socal.rr.com mmichels at socal.rr.com
Fri Jun 29 11:12:18 MDT 2007

I switched from close ratio to regular wide ratio using NOS gears
bought from Dan Williams. Although there was a ding on the cluster gear
that needed fixing and whose fault couldn't be determined I'm glad I
did the conversion.

The lower first gear is much more practical around town and gears
aren't spaced too far apart. I have 2.88 diff ratio with 205/55 15 rear
tires which give me a slight bit of overdrive ( about 8 %) compared to
stock sized 13s. While a 5 speed would give really relaxed cruising I
get about 3000 rpm at 70-75 ish MPH which is is livable.

My $0.02 worth.