[Spridgets] Gas Cap

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Wed Jul 5 12:09:19 MDT 2023

Yesterday I filled up my 1966 Austin Healey Sprite at the local Shell
station. When I should have been putting the gas cap back on, the guy at
the next pump wanted to talk. I drove off with the cap on the top of the
car. It would have fallen off in the first few feet. I went over to the
station as soon as I realized it was missing to see if it had been turned
in. They told me no. I posted on Facebook and a guy responded that he had
turned it in. I went back to the station and told them this. They looked
again but still no cap. So I'm in the market for a new gas cap. I see a lot
of reproductions that don't look that good in the photos let alone for
real. Is there a recommended source for a good looking/working gas cap for
my '66 Sprite?
I'm still hopeful that it will show up, but . . .
Thanks
Tim