[Spridgets] Tapping a thread and learning new stuff

Weslake1330 weslake1330 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:28:59 MST 2023

Hi List,

Well I thought I learned how to tap a thread at school in 'Metalwork'
lessons (passed with CSE grade 1) but rarely cut a thread/tap a thread
these days.  I think the last ones I did was when I was making handbrake
rods for my Sprite using Stainless Steel (and had a lot of help from a
friend with a lathe for some of the parts).

Anyway Youtube managed to suggest this clip for me and I found it
interesting.  I haven't finished it yet (or ripped a copy . . .) but wanted
to paste a copy here.  I'm up to the part where thread go/no go gauges are
used.  Now while I know what a go/no-go gauge is (used in some eligibility
checking in motorsports scrutineering) I never knew there were specific
thread go/no-go gauges and since I found some on ebay I might get a
couple.  That way even if I never use them, one day when I am dead and
buried and someone is checking out my tool kit they'll think I really knew
my stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33wfSMsUbuc

Regards

Daniel