[Spridgets] Ignition light

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:02:12 MDT 2023

      Got into my Bugeye yesterday to drive to the dog park with my Boston
Terrier.  I was a little surprised when the ignition light would not go out
after I got the engine running.  It started easy enough, but I was now
running on the battery.  I am still using a generator that was rebuilt over
20 years and 7,000 miles ago.  The voltage regulator was converted to solid
state eight or more years ago.  Nothing apparent looking under the bonnet.
I was hoping it was just the fan belt. No such luck.  Generator, generator
brushes?  I have a replacement generator, but I don't want to just start
throwing parts at it until the light goes out.  Maybe try to just
re-polarize the generator first?  I have a degree in mechanical design, not
electrical.  Hate electrical problems.
Mike MacLean