[Spridgets] SU AUD 136t carbs

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Tue Sep 13 09:50:50 MDT 2022

   I agree that a single HIF is probably the best way to go BUT this is
not going into a Spridget or Mini and I just don't have the clearance.

  I tried the HIF that we took off my son-in-law's MkI Mini that has a
1275 in it and no there was no room on the side for it.  People in the
UK that have done this engine swap have said, there is barely enough
room for some pancake filters and others have said you have to use what
I call the little rock guard that is not really a filter.  I have cut
the engines front plate to move the engine over as far as I can and
center it in the chassis and also keep the driveshaft pretty straight,
but it will still be tight.
  My Son-in-law's twin SU's from his Mini look like they will fit, I am
still "fiddling" with the body and engine mounts so have some play
room.  With a HIF I will have to bump out the hood sides right where
there are some louvers.

  Its all going into a 1934 Singer Le Mans.  This is engine swap that
while not common, has been done quite a bit in the UK.

     mike