[Spridgets] SU AUD 136t carbs

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Mon Sep 12 23:20:43 MDT 2022

   So I am poking around for SU AUD 136 carbs to fit my 1098 junkyard
motor that came with no carbs.  I found some on Ebay that looked ok in
pictures and bought them, a few hours later the seller said he didn't
have them, that was a old listing that Ebay had put back up accidentally.

  There are a few other listings, some missing parts and one saying many
moveable parts are stuck, well that is what was wrong with a set a carbs
i got from a friend, everything stuck and too badly corroded to ever
work again...major pits in venturi area by the butterflies on one and
pistons on both...way too bad for a rebuild.

  There are some on ebay that claim to be rebuilt for a 1098cc motor but
they are not AUD 136's so I am not sure what will and will not work,
they all kind of look the same to me, I just know my motor had AUD
136t's originally.

  Anyone have a set to sell ? ideally something with nothing frozen and
a decent throttle shaft since I don't have the ability to ream and put
bushings in (although i know there are o-ring shafts now that may solve
that problem).

  I do have a manifold, not sure its the right one but it fits, it does
not have the port for the PCV valve which I think is correct for 1098,
this is not a show car, I just want a good driver.   I have seen that
Mo$$ has new ones...yike$ and there is a advantage to that since I would
not need to buy a rebuild kit.

      Mike

--
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.