[Spridgets] Pull start..

Michael MacLean springer.mike51 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:29:18 MST 2022

OK.  Let me put this to rest.  Apparently 19 1/2 inches is correct.  I can
admit when I am wrong, but with an explanation.  Of the multitude.  I mean,
how can you screw up two holes you just pulled something out of and a
direct route to the solenoid from the firewall.   Of the multiple times I
installed and reinstalled this reproduction cable it came out too short.  I
know the routing of the cable through the dash and firewall was correct.
So, when Rick came up with the measurement of an original cable of the same
as the reproduction, I went out to the car in the garage to see if I had
made a basic mistake from the beginning.  In reality, I had not, but for
some reason this last time I re-installed the connection I installed the
wire first into the connector, then slid it over the shaft of the
solenoid.  I was completely dumbfounded when it slid over the shaft and
stopped when I ran out of slack!  I cannot explain it, but every time I
installed it prior to this I installed the connector to the shaft  first,
then tried to slip the cable into the connector. By reversing that
sequence, it fits!  What the heck?  Sorry to get everyone worked up over
this today, but I have been struggling with this since yesterday.  Still
looking to buy an original cable though.  The engraving is not exactly the
same.  Well, I had to find something wrong with it, didn't I?
Mike M