[Spridgets] Midget Values

Dave and Terri Woerpel dtwoerpel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:16:16 MDT 2022

Steve, found the following from Frank from 16 years ago!  Group 24 is what
I use in a high back open front battery box ala TR 3....ya I know, but 45
years and no holes.
Regards,
Dave W
'59 :()
'59 MGA 1500
Burlington WI
"Pay It Forward"
WWFD?

Mail From: Frank Clarici <(email redacted)>

Group 24
or is is series 24?
But this only fits the early Spridgets up to whenever they made the
heater different. Then you need a group 22 (I think)
Now back to the 24 battery... originally they came with the terminals up
against the firewall, this caused the firewalls to rot out from the
gasses of the battery. So if your little bumped out spots have rust,
it's the battery. Correct from the factory is a bad thing so go with the
battery where the posts are outboard from the firewall. No more eaten
out firewalls this way.
Not Concours, better 🙂
--
Frank Clarici