[Spridgets] Exhaust Manifold Color

Bert Shirey BERTSHIREY at zoominternet.net
Thu Apr 14 22:09:34 MDT 2022

Steve: The AH Concours Registry Guide (2006), p. 4, says the engines were painted as an assembly: intake and exhaust manifolds included. I think you might have a copy of that. The Lone StarSprite & Midget owners group guide (1988) says the manifold was “probably” painted engine green but the paint burned off. Of course you had to be willing to drive the car for that to happen. Horler is silent on the matter, but most of the engines shown are the wrong color anyway. The Midget has a little maybe overspray on the intake, but the exhaust manifold is natural. There is a comment somewhere that what got painted with the block depended on when it was assembled and by whom. Eastwood has a pretty good manifold paint as well as the rub-on stuff. I fretted over the engine paint question for years, but never got a good answer. Maybe Bobbie would remember. So much trivia. Glad to see the Bug got a good home. Still hoping to find a nut like us to take over the Midget.
                                                                              Bert Shirey

Sent from my iPad