[Spridgets] Fwd: SMRS Black Hawk Farms results Highlights and Grattan 10th

stanbmason at aol.com stanbmason at aol.com
Sun Jun 27 16:00:17 MDT 2021

Spridget Followers and Past Advisers to the Nixon  Administration,
Black Hawk was a great turnout for SMRS with 26 Spridgets Racing, which blows away the high water mark or 14.  I was not present. but observed some great competition from the internet.  Tom Wilcox graciously accepted being the host for Black Hawk and did a great job with the Spridget Paddock and Saturday Brat Lunch.  Tom highlighted the event below:
2021 Spridget Race Series Two, Blackhawk Farms Father's Day Classic XXIX

The hot weather for the XXIX Father's Day Classic didn't seem to slow
John Salisbury down at all.  Salisbury, a consistent race winner
wherever he drives, won the Group C Sprint and Heat races as well as
the Spridget race on his "home track".  Doug Bruce was the second
Sridget across the line in all three races with Jim Donato the third
Spridget finishing in the top ten in the Group C Sprint and Heat race
and third across the line in the Spridget Race.  There was a near
record turnout of Spridgets for the Father's Day Classic with 26
entrants coming from nine states as far away as Pennsylvania and
Kansas.  Special thanks to our Spridgeteers from Pennsylvania who
endured a 13 hour tow in order to participate.  Complete series
results are attached.  We hope to see you all at Grattan for the Tenth
Anniversary celebration and final race of the 2021 Spridget Race
Series.

Tom

I have attached the results.  Please let me know if I missed anything (I counted the first Qualification session for points and 1st Sprint race for durability points)
.
Next stop is Grattan on August 13-15 for our 10th year for Sprite Midget Race Series celebration.  We have some unique Spridget things happening Saturday with a Sprite Midget Car Show for Street and Race Spridgets.  Our exclusive Spridget Race will be the last race on Saturday and we will have a parade lap of Spridget Prior.  We have some special Prototype Sprites from Texas and other far away locations.  You can expect this to be a very crowded weekend and we will be limited to our traditional Spridget Paddock space.  I am responsible for the Spridget Paddock working with Kathy Newton.  We are not able to expand our space and there will be some racers paddocking on the outside of the track.  We will squeeze in as many as we can.  Tow cars and crew cars will not be allowed in the Spridget area.  Only trailers and race cars.  Our guests and sponsors will have first priority.   I appreciate everyone's consideration with this unique crowded weekend.  More details as we progress.
Lead a Spridgetly Life!Stan Mason