[Spridgets] SU Dashpot Oil wt

David Ambrose stargazer1 at cox.net
Wed Jun 16 22:10:21 MDT 2021

I took an experimental approach to this. I filled the dashpots with 15
wt motorcycle fork oil, and half filled an oil can with the 15 wt.
Acceleration was sluggish, so I added some 20 wt to the can, refilled
the dashpots, and went for another test drive. If the engine seemed to
be running rich on acceleration, I added 15 weight. if it seemed lean, I
added 20 wt., changed out the oil, and went for another test drive. Not
sure what the actual viscosity is, but it works well. Will have to
recalibrate the oil after I change out the carb bushings and shafts.