[Spridgets] SU Dashpot Oil wt

Bill L. Zormecteon at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 15:52:35 MDT 2021

Hello Mark,

I have heard everything from SU carb oil (I have a squeeze bottle of it) to ATF to Marvel Mystery Oil, sewing machine oil, 10W, 20W 90W, etc etc.

THE BOOK says put in the same as you put in your crankcase. ..
Actually the quote is
"Top up damper assembly reservoirs with oil the Ref. A."

Reference A gives the brands from Duckman's to Sternol to Shell, and 3 temperature ranges for each, Tropical down to 41F, Extreme Cold, 41F to 10F and Arctic, below 10F.

As an example, Tropical ESSO, 40/50 or 40 or 20W/40
                  Extreme Cold ESSO 20W/30 or 20
                               Arctic ESSO 5W/20

In each case this is as stated

"ENGINE, Drain off the old oil and refill with fresh oil to Ref. A."

So,,, Whatever you are putting in the crankcase is the right stuff for the damper.

There may be reasons and preferences for doing something other.

I run a Weber DGV and am unconcerned any longer, but thought I should share to keep some from over thinking it.

YMMV

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:Zormecteon at comcast.net

Warning! COLDBEER.CAN found, programmer probably loaded.