[Spridgets] SU Dashpot Oil wt

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:04:01 MDT 2021

The real answer is that the heavier the oil you put into the dashpot, the
longer it takes to respond to changes in the throttle position. While it is
opening, the mixture is richer due to the higher engine vacuum. This is
what compensates for the lack of a Holley-type accelerator pump. The
heavier your car and the less torque your engine has, the heavier the oil
you should run to cover flat spots in acceleration.