[Spridgets] Battery clamp bolts - J style in stainless

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Thu Apr 22 11:00:01 MDT 2021

Hi Daniel,

I did a little searching and was unable to come up with a source for stainless J-bolts of the right size.  Zinc plated steel is easy to find, but not stainless.

Threading stainless steel that size might be tough.  One trick I use when working with stainless steel is to use liquid dishwashing detergent as a cutting oil.  It works amazingly well for drilling holes in stainless, much better than standard cutting oils.  My brand of choice is Dawn.  Not sure if the same stuff is available in the UK.

Rick