[Spridgets] Won't Start

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Jul 5 16:53:10 MDT 2020

A week ago I said that I backed my Bugeye out of the driveway and it died letting out the clutch to take off and would not start after that.  The car sat for several months due to repairs and a suspension and brake  rebuild.  Ethanol in the gas is not your friend.  I had spark and the fuel pump was pumping gas to my single HIF44 carb, but the engine acted fuel starved.  Last night with my son in the driver's seat turning the ignition key for me, I threw some gas down the throat of the carb.  The car started immediately and then died when it ran out of fuel.  I took the carb off to disassemble it.  The viton tipped needle and seat shut off stuck in the seat bore with dried residue from ethanol.  If I had only come out once a week or so and just started the car there would have been no problem.  Now with the brake lights, turn signals and starting problems resolved I'm ready to cruise.  Only problem is the weather.  Almost 100 degrees out here in San Bernardino.  Will have to wait until the sun goes down.  If it's not one thing it's another, but I will be out there once a week even if I don't drive it just to get gas moving through the fuel system.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android