[Spridgets] Vaporus lockus , pumpus lackus?

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Sun Jul 5 11:50:34 MDT 2020

An ancient problem.While the pump is new that does not mean it may be removed from the list of suspects.  I have 3 or 4 of the little cube looking fuel pumps.  All but 1 were aquired because I was told it runs but does not pump fuel " some times"!   And indeed that 1 pump has something wrong with it.     And based upon the external conditions I am led to believe they are near new.  Not corroded , rusty or any discoloration.  The other pumps are in my cars working flawlessly.  All that said , do not ignore the possibility of the pump , a bad ground or a intermittent conductivity problem in power to the pump as the culprit.In grounding I have gone to using a star washer between a ground wire terminal and the car body or frame to insure a positive metal to metal ground instead of relying upon the grounding bolt or screw threads.    Also I have tried to not use crimp on connectors , instead , soldering them and heat shrink tubing to shield the bare part of the soldered terminal.   While some of this borders on annoying tedium , it circumvents some real head scratching diagnostics down the road.ChuckAfter owning the same bugeye since 1974 , I have made a LOT of mistakes that have taught me over & over to just do it right...Sent from my LG Mobile