[Spridgets] My car didn't start either - different reason.

miniac7 at aol.com miniac7 at aol.com
Sun Jul 5 09:49:59 MDT 2020

I'd like to pick up on what Chuck stated here:
..."In a vapor lock state an electric pump should stay pumping against a vapor lock yielding the pump sounding like the pump after it starts up and then builds pressure and the pump starts running against the built up pressure'...
Although I have never experienced this on my Mini, I have on the Moke and the Bugeye, I have noticed it when crawling along in stop & go traffic or similar type conditions. The cars continue to run fine but, it sounds as if I am running out of fuel, and it always causes me to immediately check the fuel gauge.
 All of my cars run an electronic pump in the original factory locations. I have one fuel filter between the tank and the pump and another one up front before the carbs.
 So, the question: if this is truly vapor lock, what do we do to eliminate it?
Howard
So what we we experiencing here is the pump pump pushing against a vapor lock situation?