[Spridgets] Nice SU carb assembly link

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 04:42:01 MST 2020

List,
As soon as I can get a warm day I'd like to remove my SU carbs on my pink
Sprite which has a 1275. Our dear friend Frank Clarici rebuilt mine in 2006
when I bought her from a guy in California via eBay. Part of me doesn't
want to tackle it as I would hate to make any changes he wouldn't approve
of but I think this link will help. It appears to be stuck in high rev but
I'm sure she could use a thorough cleaning. I would like to find an
exploded view for the older carbs on the early 1960 Sprite as I will have
to do a complete rebuild of that one and I have a spare to learn on.

https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/how_to_repair_su_carburettor

Has anyone used this link? I'm going to make a big print/plot of the
exploded view for my  classroom as we will be creating exploded views soon
and for the small handful of kids coming to the classroom they need to see
something motivating.

Linda
62 California Sprite "Pinky"
60 Wisconsin Sprite "followed me home" "barn find" getting close to naming
him, yes I think it's a boy : )

https://www.ahexp.com/forum/the-sprite-forum.6/my-new-1960-bugeye-build.233472
/

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut