[Spridgets] Tach Frozen

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Fri Oct 25 23:15:31 MDT 2019

You might be able to fix it yourself.?? But ya gotta get yer brave on to dive into it.These things come apart. The lens and chrome rim twist and align the tabs with the cut outs and the front comes apart.?? Remove the screws on the back and the tach assembly comes out of the cup.?? There might literally be a piece of dirt stuck where it does not belong.?? Also it may be seized from dried grease .?? if that's the case a model paint brush with some paint thinner applied to the dried grease will liquify the dried grease.?? If that works to free it up , apply small amounts of very light oil ( used sewing machine oil or 3 in one oil in the past) on all of the parts that look like they are moving parts .??If ALL else fails , then reassemble for a rebuild.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Michael MacLean via SpridgetsDate: Sat, Oct 26, 2019 12:54 AMTo: Spridgets via Spridgets;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Tach FrozenI had to break two tach cable before it dawned on me it wasn't the cable.?? It is the tachometer.?? For some reason my Bugeye tachometer has frozen up inside where the tach cable is attached.?? It's a first for me.?? Just wondering if this can be fixed and while to send it to.Mike MacLeanSent from Yahoo Mail on Android