[Spridgets] Tachometer Inner Cable

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Oct 16 10:59:15 MDT 2019

A few days ago I asked about how much of the inner tach cable should protrude from the sheath to protect the instrument end.  After a half hour of Googling I found the Vintage British Cables Canadian web site that had a reprint from a Smiths manual.  The instrument end of the inner cable should protrude no more than 3/8ths of an inch from the outer sheath at the instrument end.
http://vintagebritishcables.com/images/ServiceInformation2.jpg
I know I have seen this information somewhere else in the past, but I cannot find it among all the other trivia that is rattling around in my brain.  Just thought you might be interested in the result of this google search.  Besides the Vintage British Cable website has tach and speedo cables that are vastly superior to the Chinese crap we are getting from the usual suspects.Mike MacLean