[Spridgets] Fw: Lucas horns...do they blow?

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Mon Oct 7 16:45:31 MDT 2019

    Honestly, I have never had a British car with a British horn...that worked.????Fast forward to now.?? I have 2 horns and one goes "BEEP" one does not.?? ?? The one that goes BEEP ( it figures?) has one of the riveted in place spade terminals ripped off the horn.????The other horn I have tried to do something but it does not BEEP.?? ??I tried adjusting it and that yeilded nothing.?? SO , a moment of bravery hit!?? It does not work so time to take it apart and do an exploratory on the insides.?? I ground off all the rivets and now have it all apart.?? I do restoration work on Bosch horns used in Saab cars.?? So I'm familiar with the inner workings of these stupid things.So tomorrow after I clean the set of points in the horn I have apart and test continuity I'll simply clamp it together to give it a test to see if it works.????HORN QUESTION?Both horns I have are marked as 9H.?? Is that Lucas's designation for a High note horn??? ??If it is a High note horn , does anyone have a Low note Lucas horn with the mounting bracket?Some fun?ChuckSent from my LG Mobile