[Spridgets] Gas tank sealer

crusaderchuck55 at aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 13:08:27 MST 2019

If you can get away with putting some nuts in the tank and literally shake-shake-shake the tank.   That loosens any stuff in there.  You can rinse it out and as a last resource go magnet fishing to collect any particles .  Then install a cheapie throw away filter between the tank & pump.   That will protect the pump and gather up and sediment before it does any damage or ends up where it becomes a problem.   If you can avoid sealing the tank , do not seal the tank.   Tank sealers are a great salvation for marginal tanks as opposed to buying a new tank.  But!  Unless you follow directions and cross every "T" and dot every "I" , tank sealers can end up screwing up ( fouling)  the pick up tube.  And if not perfectly applied , come loose in the tank and block/clog pick up tubes .   If that becomes an issue , it's worse to resolve than rust removal.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From: Robert Weeks via SpridgetsDate: Sun, Nov 17, 2019 2:42 PMTo: Robert Weeks via Spridgets;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Gas tank sealerHi,My son is making slow progress on the 1970 Midget. Seems that there is some rust in the tank, or at least that is what it looked like when he drained the gas. I know there is POR 15 for gas tanks, but since we cheap, has anyone tried the Eastwood gas tank sealer (cheaper) or better yet does anyone have a rust free tank they'd be willing to part with for not much money?Thanks,Robert WeeksBlack Moon Guitarshttps://blackmoonguitars.com/