[Spridgets] Datsun 5 speed

rrengineer.mike rrengineer.mike at att.net
Mon May 27 09:55:04 MDT 2019

The Datsun 5 speed transmission that is in my Bugeye was rebuilt by Paul A. back when he was selling his adapter kit (also in my car).  There was a problem with the aftermarket synchros that Paul used.  The trans grinds going into 3rd.  All other gears also if you try to shift too fast.  I have to let the RPMs drop to idle to shift without grinding.  When I told Paul about this, he sent me the best set of used synchros he had.  I have yet to pull the trans to put them in.  What I would like is a quality set of new synchros to install.  Any of you guys that have rebuilt one of these Datsun transmissions know of a good set of synchros for sale out there?Mike MacLeanSent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone

Ron Soave

spridgets at autox.team.net

-- DON JULIO 1942http://tequilabrad.com/