[Spridgets] Carlisle Import

abcoz at hky.com abcoz at hky.com
Mon May 13 20:04:32 MDT 2019

I’m planning to be there, probably with my MGA.  If not the MGA, possibly one of my ’72 Midgets.

I was talking with a couple of the guys in my local club (Western PA Triumph Assn………and no, I don’t own a Triumph) and I think this may be the last hurrah for our group, at Carlisle.  Only a few of us will be attending, this year and the rest of us will be at Summit Point.

The internet has really ruined Carlisle, I think.  That, plus the fact that we’re all getting a lot older and not nearly as many of us are actively restoring these cars, anymore (I still am, but I really don’t need to find any parts, anymore).  The vendor area keeps shrinking and, other than replacing “consumables”, for my workshop, I haven’t bought anything significant there for some time, now.

I really hate the thought of giving up on Carlisle, but, I think this may be my last visit to Import Carlisle.

Bud Osbourne