[Spridgets] Duck Waddle

stanbmason at aol.com stanbmason at aol.com
Thu Mar 21 10:50:33 MDT 2019

Vintage Motor Sports just issued and article on Duck Waddle that I thought you might enjoy.  Duck was admired by many and I will always think about him driving that cool Yellow Bobsy Sports Racer with us in Group 2.  Rest in Peace My Friend!

| Remembering Gordon "Duck" Waddle |

|  |

| Photo: LesTension |

| Hutchinson, KS – “Duck” Waddle, a former Sports Car Club of America racer and instructor who was a fixture at Elkhart Lake’s Road America for decades (and a friend to the VM eNews editors), died Monday (March 18).
A statement from Road America said, “The entire staff at Road America extends its deepest condolences to the family and friends of Gordon “Duck” Waddle, who passed away peacefully Monday morning in Hutchinson, Kansas after a courageous battle with cancer.”
A veteran of the United States Air Force and Marine Corps who raced and instructed for half a century with the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) and Skip Barber Racing School, Waddle’s career encompassed earning five divisional SCCA championships and one national SCCA championship.
“Duck was a fixture at Road America for decades, making it his home away from home during the season. He was admired and revered by racers and driving enthusiasts the world over for his wealth of experience behind the wheel and always having a funny story to tell at the end of the day. A gentleman racer all the way until the end. Goodspeed, Duck Waddle.”
In a 2015 interview with the Sheboygan (Wisconsin) Press, Waddle commented about Road America: “I started teaching here in 1987 and it’s been my summer home ever since. I get to sleep and live on the property. It’s great, but the best part is the atmosphere and the people. The attitude here at Road America is to ‘get it done, get it done now and get it done right.’” |