[Spridgets] No Castrol DOT 3 available : (

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Sun Jun 23 14:54:20 MDT 2019

My brain was confusing synthetic with the word silicone.

>From the web I get “DOT 5 brake fluid is silicone based. DOT 3 (standard) and DOT 4 (heavy-duty) are glycol-based.”

http://collision.alldata.com/online2help/shopOps/Inspection_Forms,_System_Checklists_and_Customer_Questions/Answers_to_Common_Customer_Questions/Brakes/can_dot_5_brake_fluid_be_used_instead_of_dot_3_or_41.htm

You are good to go with DOT 4 in with your DOT 3.  Bill in Oregon