[Spridgets] No Castrol DOT 3 available : (

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 13:56:56 MDT 2019

Hi Spridgiteers,
I want to bleed my brakes but the stores or Amazon nolonger carries Castrol
GT LMA DOT3 brake fluid. I thought I had a few bottles left but I was wrong
and have her on stands patiently waiting for her fluid. Yesterday I took
her out for the first time and needed a little more fluid before heading
out. I only drove 8 blocks and while sitting at a light the peddle went to
the floor. I quickly pumped the brake and it was fine to get home. I put
her on stands in the driveway getting ready to bleed as I suspected an air
bubble but no store carries Castrol GT LMA Dot 3 any more. Suggestions
please. One of the members on a Facebook Spridget group said to flush and
add Castrol DOT4 which is synthetic, he said I wouldn't need to replace the
wheel cylinders or the master cylinder I I did that but I am by myself and
use a stick to hold the peddle using a tube into fluid to prevent air, I
have a one handed blender but I couldn't get it to work properly. Maybe I
should look at a youtube.

What would Frank say?
Linda
62 California Sprite "Pinky"

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut