[Spridgets] Auto Experts: Not LBC but stupid fuseable link needed for my truck..ugh.

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 12:27:24 MDT 2019

> Tom Springer wrote:
> I read the term fuseable link while searching the 'net, but the local dealer had no idea what I was talking about.

My understanding is that a fusible link is nothing more than fuse-like thing (a thinner piece of wire, or a larger chunk of metal) in line with the rest of the wire. When one went out on an old Audi of mine, I replaced it with a spade-type fuse, spliced into the wire were the fusible link lived.

Like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Maxi-Holder-Amperage-gauge-Tinned/dp/B01GQHTKC4

That’s just the holder. You still need the 50A fuse. Maybe 2 or 3 until you find out why your fusible link fried.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems-MAXI-Fuse/dp/B0014TMZAE/ref=pd_cp_263_3

-
Kent McLean
’56 100 BN2