[Spridgets] Datsun Transmission Woes

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Jun 11 01:18:27 MDT 2019

 Yes, I could double clutch every gear up and down shifting because all the synchros in the transmission are out of spec aftermarket.  I'm luck they work somewhat in the other gears.  In this case I HAVE to double clutch at least both ways into 3rd.  This means no one else can drive the car unless they know how to double clutch.  Of course double clutching makes your synchros last a lot longer.  The transmission was designed with synchros so you would not have to do this.  Until I rebuild this transmission or replace it, double clutch it is.Mike MacLean

    On Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:11:03 AM PDT, Kent McLean via Spridgets <spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:

 Michael MacLean wrote:
> So, I can drive the Bugeye if I have to. I just have to shy away from third gear.

Or learn to double clutch. That’s a skill we should all work on.

-
Kent McLean
’56 100 BN2

spridgets at autox.team.net