[Spridgets] Small journal main bearing choice

Mark Haynes 220caribou at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 10:45:04 MST 2019

I'm ready to start the final parts order for my new 948, and have a
question on bearing choices for it.
1) Since the 948 and 1098 (10CG) are both 1.75" Mains, I should be able to
use the bearings for either one, no?
2)MO$$ lists Bi-metal and Tri-Metal bearings for the 10CG, the Tri-Metal
appear to be more typical fo the period, but which are preferable for
longevity of the engine?
FWIW, I"m having the block tanked, cam bearings installed, turning the
crank .010"/.010", leaving stock compression height with popup pistons and
a 12G209 head by Dave Tabor that matches the pistons and a SPVP3 cam.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward