[Spridgets] Paul 'A's real seal kit

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 31 21:02:29 MDT 2019

 Hi Bill and everybody,
interesting coincidence to see this post today...I was just going through ancient emails and found some correspondence with Paul from 11 or 12 years ago. My ribcase box at the time was stuck in first gear and Paul instructed me how to fix it.
He also described a more permanent fix, of a "spacer on the shifter rod so the shifter fork can't go way forward against the case"
As I had converted to a Datsun 5speed, repairing the ribcase wasn't urgent at the time.
I'd like to put it in my Morris Minor along with the 1098 out of my sprite (1275 now).
I wonder if anyone ever got one of Paul's home made spacers and can describe it sufficiently for me to fashion something suitable?  Perhaps you came up with something on your own? A strategically placed cable tie?
cheers,
Andy Webster  (first post to the list in a long time... and I just realised it is over 21 years since I first found this community. )