[Spridgets] Spridget Mountain Run

abcoz at hky.com abcoz at hky.com
Fri Apr 19 13:38:32 MDT 2019

Howard,

I’d love to participate in such an event, this year, but I’m booked solid, already.

The area you mention is chocked full of fabulous driving roads (drove it several years ago, with Porsche 356 group) and great places to eat and stay overnight.

My recommendation would be to do it, even if you only get a small handful of Spridgeteers willing to join you.  You’ll all still have a great time and be glad you did it.  Personally, I’ve found the small groups are more fun, anyway.

I used to put together similar events, over Memorial Day weekend, for a small group of my friends driving Spridgets (only me), MGAs, MGBs and Porsche 356s.  I think six or seven couples are the most we ever had.  Usually four of five couples, which allowed us to completely fill a bed & breakfast lodging and have the place all to ourselves.  I still have friends, who participated in those events, urging me to “do it, again”.  I probably will, someday, but right now, I confine my efforts to planning & managing/hosting Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Countryside Tour (shameless plug 😊).