[Spridgets] Auto Experts: Not LBC but stupid fuseable link needed for my truck..ugh.

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 08:18:18 MDT 2019

List,
I have exhausted all sites stores and groups for this nasty bugger called a
fuseable link which to me is just a wire. I'll make one after I exhaust all
other efforts but prefer not to open up my wiring harness and solder in.

I need this "looks like" image in link, 5 wires called fuseable links which
to me is just a thinner than connected to wire at 6" long:

Why can't I just use wire that is 6" long (I read they need to be 6" long)
and just the 4 gauges smaller than what they go into? At the very bottom is
a nice youtube of a guy soldering them in and he made the most sense.

What did MG and Austin Healey do to not require them in our Spridgets?
Many thanks as always school me on what Spridgets use to not need these.
Linda
62 California Sprite "Pinky"
Knowledge is power, repairs are a PITA : )

http://datnissparts.com/fusible-link-assy-for-datsun-nissan-720-pickup-24022-10w00-can-replace-24022-06w11/

This site from Autozone shows how to make one:
link

https://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Nissan-Pick-ups-and-Pathfinder-1970-1988/CIRCUIT-PROTECTION/Fusible-Link/_/P-0900c1528004f5e4

I guess I can get them in every color so I don't end up confused on my
harness:
https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/lighting---electrical-16777/fuses-16615/fusible-link--universal--17516/12af23bde667

Youtube a guy solders in his own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SpsSRGfDQI

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut