[Spridgets] Rear brake Beehive spring / Steady spring

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sat Sep 22 12:59:51 MDT 2018

I just redid my rear brakes on my Bugeye.  The tab with the hole in it for the spring on the backing plate is at the 3 or 9 o'clock position depending what side you are on.  There is a tool for the steady spring that looks like a screwdriver with a cup on the end of the shaft.  The rim of that cup has a tab on it that catches the steady spring allowing you to turn it into position after it is compressed.  Just push it in with the "hook" at the 12 o'clock position and turn 90 degrees to catch the hole in the tab on the backing plate.  Sounds complicated, but once you have done one it gets easier.  Any parts store should have brake tools.
Mike MacLean